Martin is a foresight analyst experienced in advising top management in various industries on issues of strategic concern. Since 2003, I have helped clients to better understand the trends, risks and opportunities that make up their external environment: focusing on trends affecting the need for innovation, strategy and the interaction between foresight and innovation.He has also worked a lot with food and agriculture and energy and climate change issues and is the author of a number of articles on the topics.
Martin has made his thesis on Herman Kahn and future studies: The realism in fictionalized scenarios in future studies.
Martin Kruse has e.g. done presentations for:
LEGO,DONG,Lund University, Copenhagen Business School, The EU Commissions Expert Panel, Unilever, Danish Energy Agency, Tekes, TrygVesta, EnergyDenmark, Bayer Crop Science, Statoil, Nobel, Grundfos, Novozymes, Danish, Norwegian and Italian Municipalities
"Martin from CIFS delivered a presentation to the executives of Damstahl a/s. The lecture included 4 crisis scenarios. “We have subsequently used these scenarios as part of our planning and strategic considerations. We judge today that this input has been beneficial for the company and has enabled us to act faster and better than our competitors.”
-Mikael Sthaalros Managing Director and CEO, Damstahl a/s
Martin is a Korean Foundation Fellow: Participated in an expert panel providing recommendation on green growth to the Korean Foundation under the Korean Foreign Ministry. The recommendations were to be used by the Korean Government for the upcoming 2012 G20 meeting.
Martin has (co)written the following articles and reports:
- Scenarios for the president of the autonomous government of the Basque Country (2015)
- ePOOLICE: (2012-2015)
- Strategy and monitoring for Gambling Business (2013 and 2014) Eurofins- Strategy for Eurofins (2013)
- The Norwegian Oil Industry Association (2010). 2040: 4 Scenarios for the future of Norway and Norwegian petroleum production
- TEKES-The Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation (2010): The business impact of climate change.
- Trygvesta (2010) The nordic insurance environment 2020
- Industrial Economics and Knowledge Center, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan.(2009).Global Trends and Their Impact on Service Innovation in Taiwan.
- Lantmännen Unibake.(2008). Scenarios for the development of food and energy prices 2008-2011.
- The Danish Dairy Board.(2008). Trend analysis
- Nutek - Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth. (2008). Helping Swedish Small & Medium-size Enterprises understand the risks and opportunities offered by environmental challenges.
- The Industries pension fund and Nordea (2007) Megatrends and investments- Identifying important areas of growth relevant for long-term investment
- The Swedish Rescue Services Agency.(2006). Global trends affecting Emergency Management
- De Danske Slagterier,(2005). Scenario process about the future of the food industry
- IKEA.(2006). IKEA Catalogue 2007
- Pictures of the Future: I&C 2006" for Siemens (2006)
- The Social Ministry. (2005). The Future Suburbia
Work languages: Danish, Norwegian and English
Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies
Founded in 1970 by Professor Thorkil Kristensen, former Minister of Finance and Secretary-General of the OECD.
We strengthen the basis for decision-making in public and private organizations by creating awareness of the future and highlighting its importance to the present.
Select your own entrance to the future
Newsletter | Membership | Presentations | Magazines | Reports | Projects
Who we are | Contact | Employees | Members
Contact the webmaster
Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies | Landgreven 3 | DK-1301 Copenhagen K | +45 33117176 | email@example.com